Monday, February 11, 2019

A Semi Battle Report!

So I managed to play a game of kings of war! It was not a fancy game and this will not be a fancy or complete report, but there will be a few pictures at the very least.

I played the game against my dad, because that's just how it is. I used the ratkin and he used the mess of kingdoms of men that I have, and we managed to put together two lists that ran to about 1000 points each. A nice little game to start with, and we went with the first scenario, kill. Such a dramatic name.

A lot of the game is in the deployment and neither of us are any good at that yet!

Here we go

(The Ratkin line up and get ready to charge gloriously forward or stumble over each other, one of the two)

(An army of blurry humans face them down. They are all berserkers except the leaders and bowmen, no doubt their sheer excitement causing them to blur)

My initial plan was for the warrior regiments to move up and hold off the berserkers while the hordes moved behind them to charge in after the they'd been worn down. In practice... things got muddled.

(The two forces meet in the middle of the Snowy Quilt fields, near the Hills of Paper Plate)

The thing is, berserkers hit hard and generals on winged beasts also hit hard, but in this case they only hit hard enough to waver everyone... which made for a bit of a road block for my army.

(The brave and noble rats hold the vile and evil humans at bay... just barely.)

So it became a confused melee in the center!

(The warlord of the rats boldly commands his horde to fight on, though he has forgotten the fact that he has no arms.)

Unfortunately I stopped taking pictures here because I was tired of trying to get even semi decent ones in the bad light. The berserkers broke through in the center, and while two of them were routed, the hordes broke too. We called it for time, and while i'm not sure it was a clear victory by the rules, I declared my dad the victor.

So that was that! It was a lot of fun to be honest, and I want to try to do a more... better written one of these some time, but just getting to play a game was a blast.



No comments:

Post a Comment